END OF SEMESTER STRESS

Ali Ilegan, Student Journalist

Whenever the semester comes to an end, the workload for SCPA students gradually increases, causing levels of stress, anxiety and pressure to rise, but everyone has their own way of making it through the week.

The week of semester one finals were quite stressful and tough for a lot of the students. Sophomore, Isaiah Lynch stated that, “The stress is inevitable. It’s going to happen no matter what.” It’s the week when students are trying to maintain or boost their grades before colleges see them.

The week of finals is a very difficult process to deal with. Senior, Kayla San Pedro stated, “I almost cried because of the stress.”

When it comes to dealing with the challenges, there’s a question that goes through Junior, Jayson Salud’s head, “Do you ride that wave or do you fear that wave?” People swim through the ocean of responsibilities and whether or not you drown in it is up to you. “It was hard for me to get a passing grade in math. I had to stop what I was doing and put in the time and effort into my work,” Salud stated.  

Junior, Melanney Cabansag shared, “These techniques help me stay on task with everything that I have to do.You should save yourself from getting distracted and make your schoolwork your priorities. Be sure to know the material so you can pass your classes. Along with focusing on your schoolwork, you should also stay organized. A way you can do this is by keeping a planner and make deadlines for yourself.”

If you find yourself lost within your classes, you can turn to your friends and teachers. “All of my friends motivate me to do well which was such a great support system. The teachers were also a great aspect in that as well. My teachers would take their time out of their day after school to help me and a bunch of other students review for finals and turning in late work,” Cabansag explained.

Jayson also expressed some experience with this, “When I didn’t understand anything for math, one of my friends jumped in and asked me if I was getting the material. When I told them no, she showed me what I did wrong and taught me the correct way to do it.” In order to get through the school year, you can try to find people who can help you out. Choosing the right people will help you succeed.

Although stress may be really difficult to control, it’s only temporary. Salud stated, “In my opinion, it was a struggle and very tiring, but in the end it payed off. The fact that I have done so much this week and that I have been able to fight the pain I experienced made me feel very accomplished.”

With two and a half months left of the school year, finals will be coming up. This advice may apply when it comes to getting through the school year. Salud mentions, “We all want to do good in the end, but we have to put in the work to do so.”

• END OF SEMESTER STRESS

Opinion/Editorial

HOW TO BE ORGANIZED

• END OF SEMESTER STRESS

Opinion/Editorial

DIARY OF A WIMPY KID: THE LONG HAUL REVEW

• END OF SEMESTER STRESS

Opinion/Editorial

ARE LIVE ACTION DISNEY MOVIES WORSE THAN THEIR ANIMATED COUNTERPARTS

• END OF SEMESTER STRESS

Opinion/Editorial

‘13 REASONS WHY’ SPARK’S CONVERSATION

• END OF SEMESTER STRESS

Opinion/Editorial

DONALD TRUMP CAN TEACH US TO SPEAK BETTER

• Opinion/Editorial

WHY SKATERS CAN SHUT UP ABOUT THRASHER

• Opinion/Editorial

ANYTHING GOES REVIEW

• Majors

BEHIND THE CURTAIN: TECH MAJORS CRY OUT FOR RECOGNITION

• Opinion/Editorial

WHY WON’T THE GRAMMY’S ACKNOWLEDGE BLACK SUCCESS?

• END OF SEMESTER STRESS

Opinion/Editorial

YOUR HIGH SCHOOL RELATIONSHIP DOESN’T MATTER

END OF SEMESTER STRESS