SIGN UP SOON FOR THE SAT

Ahnayah Hughes, Student Journalist

This previous Saturday, many of our upperclassmen took the SAT, in hopes of furthering their academic success.

The SAT, or Scholastic Assessment Test, is vital in one’s pursuit for higher learning. Some schools require their students to take the SAT, but here at SCPA it is an option. Much like one’s extracurriculars and grade point average, a high SAT score is a key factor in the admissions process. Colleges across the US accept this assessment as a form of an entrance exam and it is almost always an admission requirement.

Making the choice to take this exam is beneficial in a number of ways. Not only does this assessment help students get into colleges, it can help them pay for it. Thousands of foundations and organizations use SAT scores to help examine scholarship candidates. Those who take the SAT can choose to make their name and information available for a variety of scholarship programs and colleges, by entering into the Student Search Service.

The registration fee ranges between 47 and 57 dollars, but everyone is able to apply for a free test waiver. Students can take the exam as many times as they please, as colleges will accept your highest score. Studies have shown that students improve each time they take the SAT. There are five more opportunities to take the assessment in the 2016-2017 school year, which can be found in the link below.

For more information on how to register, visit the CollegeBoard website (link below) or speak to your counselor.

https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat?navId=gh-sat

SIGN UP SOON FOR THE SAT