ANYTHING GOES: CAST EDITION

Olivia Staples, Student Journalist

ANYTHING GOES: CAST EDITION

By OLIVIA STAPLES

Vivian Romero

CHARACTER NAME: Reno Sweeny

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: Reno a sexy evangelist turned nightclub singer.

ACTOR DESCRIPTION:  Vivian is a 10th grade, musical theater major. With a very busy schedule all she has time for is rehearsal and singing. She recently played Gertrude McFuzz, in the Production Seussical the Musical at Mater Del High School. “She [Reno] is very outgoing with men, it’s not how I go about my everyday things so it’s cool to be in that character and act out her confidence that might not be a confidence I have.”

Marlee Phillips-Koury

CHARACTER NAME: Hope Harcourt

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION:Hope Harcourt is a beautiful debutante.

ACTOR DESCRIPTION: Since Marlee was eight years old she’s been working hard to pursue her Musical Theatre career and she has scored a lead role as Hope Harcourt. She sees kindness within her character, something she also sees in herself. “Hope is one of the really normal characters, and I give off a kindness like her..” She enjoys hanging out with her dogs when she’s not rehearsing, “Recently I’ve been rehearsing whenever I can,” she exclaims.

Sky Frank

CHARACTER NAME: Moonface Martin

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: Moonface Martin is a hapless gangster, Public Enemy No. 13

ACTOR DESCRIPTION: Sky Frank, an 11th grade musical theater major, is cast as Moonface Martin, public enemy #13. “Were both a little bit delusional and were both nice guys,” Frank explains, pointing out the similarities between him and his character.  When it comes to free time it doesn’t seem he has any. When asked about what he does, he said,“To be honest, weekends I go to work and then come home and go to sleep.” He also shared that he’s a Gemini with a Pisces moon.

Christopher Lopez

CHARACTER NAME: Billy Crocker

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: Billy Crocker is Whitney’s young assistant, who is also in love with Hope Harcourt.

ACTOR DESCRIPTION: Chris Lopez is a senior, ending his high school acting career with this lead role. “I’m a little bit of a dancer and Billy has to dance, he’s also headstrong, we have that in common as well,” Lopez says. He also goes on to describe some differences, “He [Billy] is very confident and I’m not always that confident”. When Christopher has some down time to himself he likes to spend it on the internet, “I’m on twitter and I play the Sims.” Lopez announced that he’s pursuing his higher education at Cornish University!

Maggie Cole

CHARACTER NAME: Evangeline Oakleigh

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: Evangeline Oakleigh is Hope’s mother, a widow.

ACTOR DESCRIPTION: Maggie Cole is a musical theater major. In her last year at SCPA she has earned the role as Hope Harcourts mother. “…She’s very snotty and very interested in herself, something I am not like at all,” Maggie laughed as she talked about her character. Although they differ in personalities Maggie thinks that they’re also similar, “…She has a lot of confidence and I think I do too.” Cole has a soft spot for her family and enjoys spending her free time with them. She also wants to make it known that there are a lot of  career opportunities when you major in musical theater.

Jeremi Poblete

CHARACTER NAME: Elisha Whitney

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: Elisha Whitney is a google-eyed tycoon.

ACTOR DESCRIPTION: 17 year old vocal major, Jeremi Poblete is cast as Elisha Whitney who he describes as a drunk. “You get to see me stumble a lot and slur my words a lot…”. When he is not on stage Jeremi spends his time at the driving range, “I actually go to the driving range to practice golf swings, it’s kinda weird…it’s pretty fun.” 

Daniel Woods

CHARACTER NAME: Evelyn Oakleigh

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: Lord Evelyn Oakleigh is a wealthy Englishman.

ACTOR DESCRIPTION: 11th grade Daniel Woods is a musical theater major. He plays Evelyn Oakleigh, a wealthy englishman. Woods describes his character as a spunky british guy, “He [Oakleigh] is really analytical of all the culture that is around him, he wants to take in as much American culture as he can.”  Daniel thinks that he is a capable actor for over the top characters. Out of school, Woods writes and sings songs. He has released a few songs that you can find on Spotify.  

Micah Fong

CHARACTER NAME: Erma Latour

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: Erma Latour is a a sexy gangster’s moll.

ACTOR DESCRIPTION: Micha Fong, an 11th grade musical theater major, plays the role Erma. Fong describes her character as an over the top, dramatic, and likeable person. “I love to play character parts and I like to be over the top in my acting,” Micha tells us. In her free time she enjoys watching television and reading, but like all actors she spends it preparing for her role. “I really love my work and I work really hard on it, and I hope everyone knows that everything I do is because I practice like a million times…every choice I make I really plan out.”

Joshua Isaiah Foster

CHARACTER NAME: Ship Captain

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: Captain of the S.S American.

ACTOR DESCRIPTION: Isaiah Foster is an 11th grade musical theater major who plays the role as a the captain of the ship. “The whole show takes place on his ship, that’s why he stands out…” Foster tells us. When asked why he thinks he got the role and he exclaimed, “I carry a big presence on stage and that is why I am the person who is in charge of a big group of men…” Isaiah also leads the school, as ASB’s president.

Paul Surel                                               

Jefferson (Jeff) Trujillo

CHARACTER NAMES: Luke (Paul) and John (Jeff)

CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS:  Luke and John are two Chinese converts.

ACTOR DESCRIPTION: Paul is a an 11th grade, former visual arts major, he switched to musical theater in order to pursue his passion. Jeff is a 10th grade cinematic arts major. Both Paul and Jeff are onstage and real life friends “I have such a good bond with my friend Paul..” said Trujillo.  Naps are what Paul does in his free time contrary to Jeff who plays Call of Duty.

Character Descriptions provided by Tams-Witmark Music Library Inc.

• Features

PET STORES ONLY TO SELL RESCUED ANIMALS

• Features

SUMMER FUN

• Features

BODY ROCK JUNIORS HOLDS 6th ANNUAL DANCE COMPETITION

• ANYTHING GOES: CAST EDITION

Features

ENJOY THE SAN DIEGO COUNTY FAIR!

• ANYTHING GOES: CAST EDITION

School/Community

STUDENTS WHO WERE HERE FROM BEGINNING TO END

• ANYTHING GOES: CAST EDITION

Features

K-POP BOOMS ACROSS AMERICA

• ANYTHING GOES: CAST EDITION

Majors

UNDERSTANDING WHAT GOES ON IN CHOIR CLASS

• ANYTHING GOES: CAST EDITION

School/Community

MIDDLE SCHOOLERS HARASS LGBTQ+ STUDENTS

• ANYTHING GOES: CAST EDITION

School/Community

8TH GRADERS SET FORTH INTO THEIR FRESHMAN YEAR

• ANYTHING GOES: CAST EDITION

Features

TIPS AND TOOLS FOR MANAGING ANXIETY AND STRESS

ANYTHING GOES: CAST EDITION