HOW TO PREPARE FOR UPCOMING AP EXAMS

Akiva Shapero

Akiva Shapero

Perla Limon, Student Journalist

AP Exams are coming soon, which means it’s time to study until you drop! This is the time when studying the year’s materials is suggested, but there are other ways to prepare for the big day.

Most people prefer to get a review book online or in-store whether it’s by Kaplan College, Princeton Review, Barron’s, or Cliff notes. Prices can range depending on how new or used you’d like it to be, so it’s up to you to decide which you’d like. But it’s important to know that the exact year the review book was published doesn’t impact you as much as one may think; after having seen two versions of the same review book, 2016 and 2015, one can conclude that the sometimes most important material is rarely changed, just rephrased in the new book.

If you, as a student, prefer more interactive review, after school AP Exam review sessions are an option, though not all AP teachers offer this particular option. It would be wise to ask your teacher before assuming that they’re offering to tutor after school. Review sessions typically go through the units in the textbook and explore various techniques to memorize and remember important information from each unit.

And most of all, be sure to take example multiple choice tests and essays for your course from the previous AP Exams. It may be tedious and frustrating, but some multiple choice questions are re-used, and writing example essays will give you practice.

Check in with your teacher, regardless of how you plan to study and ask for the date of the exam, making sure to write it down. Good luck cramming!

Photo Credit: “study-in-study” Unaltered Photo by Akiva Shapero [Flickr]. Some Rights Reserved. <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero/181716993/in/photolist-h4m8B-c4XzsQ-ncW4UR-fGmAE4-bwyGii-e4i4VT-5trNns-dv2arT-dm1TA5>

HOW TO PREPARE FOR UPCOMING AP EXAMS