ENJOY THE SAN DIEGO COUNTY FAIR!

Jackelyn Ambriz, Student Journalist

It’s that time of the year again- summer is here and so is the San Diego County Fair, also known as the Del Mar Fair! It has been open since the second of June and will be around until July fourth, with the exception of some blackout dates. As it has every year, it will take place on the 370-acre Del Mar Fairground. It’s a fun event that family and friends experience together every year, and some even make it tradition

Freshman Madeline Mamasig talks about her experiences at the fair.“I’ve attended the Del Mar Fair at least four years. Usually I go with my parents or sometimes my friends of my cousin.”

Fair prices range by age. Entry for children five and under is free, seniors and kids ages 6-12 cost $11, and adult entry from ages 13-61 is $18.  If you’ve never been to the Del Mar Fair, or have but want other things to do, there are a variety of fun things to do at the fair.

The fair is divided into different sections. If attending with kids, the Kids Zone is the place to go, offering rides and mazes such as The Wacky Worm and The Magic Maze. As for the the Fun Zone, rides are more entertaining for older kids and adults. There are many to choose from;  you can get taken out of this world on Alien Abduction or get wet on The Wild River.

Both sections have many mazes, fun houses and games to win prizes, and if you want more competitive games, there are many contests that take place during the fair,such as a pie eating, bubble gum blowing and even worm racing!

There are not only rides, but many exhibits take place in the fair as well. People can go look at the exhibition of art and photography pieces. If you’re looking for something more interactive, you can visit the farm animals. Goats and sheep are waiting to be petted and loved!

One of the biggest things the fair is known for is their food. Listing all that they have is nearly impossible. Ranging from their famous fried oreos to their newly featured Krispy Kreme Ice Cream Chicken Sandwich, there is plenty of food to choose from!

“It’s not really healthy,” laughs Mamasig when asked what her favorite fair food was, “but mostly the potatoes on the skewers.”

This is only a taste of all that the Del Mar Fair has to offer. It ends in less than a month, so make sure to stop by before it closes off for the year!

• Features

PET STORES ONLY TO SELL RESCUED ANIMALS

• Features

SUMMER FUN

• Features

BODY ROCK JUNIORS HOLDS 6th ANNUAL DANCE COMPETITION

• ENJOY THE SAN DIEGO COUNTY FAIR!

School/Community

STUDENTS WHO WERE HERE FROM BEGINNING TO END

• ENJOY THE SAN DIEGO COUNTY FAIR!

Features

K-POP BOOMS ACROSS AMERICA

• ENJOY THE SAN DIEGO COUNTY FAIR!

Majors

UNDERSTANDING WHAT GOES ON IN CHOIR CLASS

• ENJOY THE SAN DIEGO COUNTY FAIR!

School/Community

MIDDLE SCHOOLERS HARASS LGBTQ+ STUDENTS

• ENJOY THE SAN DIEGO COUNTY FAIR!

School/Community

8TH GRADERS SET FORTH INTO THEIR FRESHMAN YEAR

• ENJOY THE SAN DIEGO COUNTY FAIR!

Features

TIPS AND TOOLS FOR MANAGING ANXIETY AND STRESS

• ENJOY THE SAN DIEGO COUNTY FAIR!

Features

ANYTHING GOES: CAST EDITION

ENJOY THE SAN DIEGO COUNTY FAIR!