ENJOY THE SAN DIEGO COUNTY FAIR!

Jackelyn Ambriz, Student Journalist

It’s that time of the year again- summer is here and so is the San Diego County Fair, also known as the Del Mar Fair! It has been open since the second of June and will be around until July fourth, with the exception of some blackout dates. As it has every year, it will take place on the 370-acre Del Mar Fairground. It’s a fun event that family and friends experience together every year, and some even make it tradition

Freshman Madeline Mamasig talks about her experiences at the fair.“I’ve attended the Del Mar Fair at least four years. Usually I go with my parents or sometimes my friends of my cousin.”

Fair prices range by age. Entry for children five and under is free, seniors and kids ages 6-12 cost $11, and adult entry from ages 13-61 is $18.  If you’ve never been to the Del Mar Fair, or have but want other things to do, there are a variety of fun things to do at the fair.

The fair is divided into different sections. If attending with kids, the Kids Zone is the place to go, offering rides and mazes such as The Wacky Worm and The Magic Maze. As for the the Fun Zone, rides are more entertaining for older kids and adults. There are many to choose from;  you can get taken out of this world on Alien Abduction or get wet on The Wild River.

Both sections have many mazes, fun houses and games to win prizes, and if you want more competitive games, there are many contests that take place during the fair,such as a pie eating, bubble gum blowing and even worm racing!

There are not only rides, but many exhibits take place in the fair as well. People can go look at the exhibition of art and photography pieces. If you’re looking for something more interactive, you can visit the farm animals. Goats and sheep are waiting to be petted and loved!

One of the biggest things the fair is known for is their food. Listing all that they have is nearly impossible. Ranging from their famous fried oreos to their newly featured Krispy Kreme Ice Cream Chicken Sandwich, there is plenty of food to choose from!

“It’s not really healthy,” laughs Mamasig when asked what her favorite fair food was, “but mostly the potatoes on the skewers.”

This is only a taste of all that the Del Mar Fair has to offer. It ends in less than a month, so make sure to stop by before it closes off for the year!

• ENJOY THE SAN DIEGO COUNTY FAIR!

Majors

SCPA’S JAZZ ENSEMBLES SHOWCASE THEIR TALENT AT DIZZY’S

• School/Community

STIGMATIZATION OF MENTAL ILLNESS

• ENJOY THE SAN DIEGO COUNTY FAIR!

School/Community

SPRING BREAK SHINES UPON US

• ENJOY THE SAN DIEGO COUNTY FAIR!

School/Community

WHAT’S GOING ON WITH THE WALKOUT?

• ENJOY THE SAN DIEGO COUNTY FAIR!

School/Community

ASB BALL IS SNEAKING UP

• School/Community

WHAT IS KAIBIGANG [email protected]’S HIGH SCHOOL CONFERENCE

• ENJOY THE SAN DIEGO COUNTY FAIR!

Opinion/Editorial

MAZE RUNNER: THE DEATH CURE REVIEW

• ENJOY THE SAN DIEGO COUNTY FAIR!

Majors

DEBUT OF SCPA LYRICAL

• Features

“A CHORUS LINE” DEBUTS AT SCPA

• ENJOY THE SAN DIEGO COUNTY FAIR!

Features

A SKATE FOR A CAUSE

ENJOY THE SAN DIEGO COUNTY FAIR!