SUMMER FUN

SAMANTHA PEARCE and RUTH LUBAO

School is coming to an end and summer is near! To celebrate being out of school, here are some fun ideas to enjoy your summer to the fullest with family and friends.

Belmont Park is a great place to have fun with friends and family. The hours of the park vary between 11am-11pm or until midnight, depending on the day. Guests may buy wristbands at the ticket booth near the entrance for unlimited rides and attractions. There are exciting rides like the Giant Dipper Roller Coaster, Control Freak, Krazy Kars, and many more! If families have children that are under 50 inches tall, they are not allowed to go on some rides. This park includes delicious places to eat that will make your tastebuds wanting more. The Belmont restaurants has a mixture of burgers, pizza, chicken wings, ice cream and other mouth-watering meals.

Another place to visit over the summer break is Old Town. It’s an affordable and easy area to have an amusing time. One interesting attraction is the Mormon Battalion, which is a state of the art tour. There are also ghost tours people can join, like the tour of the Whaley House. The Old Town trolley takes tourists around San Diego and lets people relax and enjoy the scenery of the town. Visitors can view museums, small shops containing souvenirs and small gifts, and a studio gallery. For entertainment, during July 5th-August 13th, visitors can also go to the Cygnet Theater.

The Del Mar Fair is an excellent experience to have with peers. For entertainment, you can ride some rushing roller coasters that will pump your adrenaline and get henna tattoos. The food at the park is exquisite; people can purchase chips on a stick and funnel cake. For more details about the fair, go check out the article“Enjoy the San Diego County Fair”  by Jackelyn Ambriz.

If you want to learn more about any of these places, you can easily go to their websites and check out what else they provide. Enjoy the summertime and have a blast at these events!

SUMMER FUN