HOW TO BE ORGANIZED

Alaysia Spruill, Student Journalist

Ann Marshall, a family life educator, says that getting organized saves time and reduces stress. Her simple systems could help you next school year or at home. In her article, Getting Organized Saves Time, Reduces Stress, she identifies these skills as key points to having a stress-free time at work and/or school:

• Identify a location to store information
  • Keep a diary, calendar, or planner to keep track of time management
  • If you are a morning person, try waking up 15 minutes early and work on organization before you get dressed.

Organization takes work ethic, dedication, and time, but the benefits from it are rewarding. If you are someone on a tight work schedule, take the time to help yourself and be responsible enough to plan your time wisely. Instead of spending time looking for things, you can use the time to relax or do something else. In effect, getting organized might also increase your leisure time, and maybe open about an hour or two window for regrouping from the stress that day.

In addition, supplies for organization can be free, as several electronic programs have been created for every electronic device. Google Calendar is a good example. On the other hand, you may have seen on Pinterest or Instagram or other social media some pictures showing  somebody with a neat planner, binder, colorful pens, and other expensive looking supplies that most teenagers would feel compelled to buy if they promised respite for their grades. They think it helps them stay organized, and sometimes that is the case.

But, overall, getting organized leads to a neat lifestyle. There are several ways to do this, like Marshall said, and it is important that you pick the right method that works.

If you are interesting in reading into more tips by Ann Marshall, look at her article, Getting Organized Saves Time, Reduces Stress, on http://extension.illinois.edu/grandparents/article.cfm?ID=5102&IssueID=5215

Photo credit: “School Supplies” Unaltered photo by Jamie [Flickr]. Some Rights Reserved.  <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/jbcurio/3414891396/in/photolist-6cLdeS-8H1LCt-nBsBJJ-59PcZb-dUCtSL-7jTs9f-bJSEK-d8axLq-d88x15-67bnJQ-8K5rif-dGHJA4-a4MMDx-7vuyZz-dUCtRS-5RyzS6-cx2Yx7-8EKVTj-9oEDbT-7jTxPN-akYN8K-bJSuj-8vEXkh-dgMNur-5qmo7a-cvJujW-5cCGdG-7aR2VM-d88yCJ-d88xtd-5x9K83-bWndhK-9v3syM-8H1LGn-qSmsZb-cN2W9y-5TaRiz-8tJtaQ-9NV8Uk-7xdNpk-6uSR7h-ammMpX-d8ayoj-a8aw7t-4LDtU6-d88y31-r1rX9h-oBVFNk-oBTUVy-oDFupT>

• HOW TO BE ORGANIZED

Opinion/Editorial

DIARY OF A WIMPY KID: THE LONG HAUL REVEW

• HOW TO BE ORGANIZED

Opinion/Editorial

ARE LIVE ACTION DISNEY MOVIES WORSE THAN THEIR ANIMATED COUNTERPARTS

• HOW TO BE ORGANIZED

Opinion/Editorial

‘13 REASONS WHY’ SPARK’S CONVERSATION

• HOW TO BE ORGANIZED

Opinion/Editorial

DONALD TRUMP CAN TEACH US TO SPEAK BETTER

• Opinion/Editorial

WHY SKATERS CAN SHUT UP ABOUT THRASHER

• Opinion/Editorial

ANYTHING GOES REVIEW

• Majors

BEHIND THE CURTAIN: TECH MAJORS CRY OUT FOR RECOGNITION

• Opinion/Editorial

WHY WON’T THE GRAMMY’S ACKNOWLEDGE BLACK SUCCESS?

• HOW TO BE ORGANIZED

Opinion/Editorial

YOUR HIGH SCHOOL RELATIONSHIP DOESN’T MATTER

• HOW TO BE ORGANIZED

Opinion/Editorial

TIME TO THROW OUT THE CRAYONS

HOW TO BE ORGANIZED