TURKEY SEASON HAS ARRIVED

Ruth Lubao and Samantha Pearce

Gobble Gobble! Get ready to get stuffed because Fall Break and Thanksgiving is around the corner, students are hoping to have a wonderful time with their family and friends.

6th graders, Deyha Gomez and Adrian Marquez, are planning to travel during fall break. Gomez is going to a cabin in Julian, while Marquez is going to Imperial Valley. When Marquez hears the word ‘Thanksgiving’ he thinks of family. “I plan on being with my family, going to the park, also walking my dog”, Gomez states. They both are glad to be going on break, although it is quite short. Marquez says, “I’m okay with it as long as it’s a break because everyone needs a break once in awhile.” Both of the 6th graders are excited for Winter break because it’s really cold and they get to stay inside.

Adrian Marquez sure loves ham!

Deyha Gomez holding up a turkey lover poster

7th grader, Natalie Ligason excitedly told us,  “I know that for Thanksgiving I’m going to spend time with my family and after Thanksgiving I’ll be able to listen to Christmas music.” Ligason does not know what she is planning to do on break yet, but she states she most likely will recieve history homework. Ligason explains her thoughts on the break being only one week, “I wish it was longer because when I was in elementary school it was like 2 months long. I guess it’s okay to have a week; at least it’s not 2 days.” 7th grade, Ciara Slaughter, will be going to Boston for this upcoming Thanksgiving break and is looking forward to it. The first thing that comes to Slaughter’s mind when someone says Thanksgiving is food. She claims that she is fine with only 1 week of break because, “It’s still a break from school and it’s a break from friends and work.”

Natalie Ligason showing her love for turkey

Natalie Ligason and Ciara Slaughter

Sophomore, Jared Alex, declared that he is eager for the break because it means he does not have to be at school. Alex reports that he will not be involved in any fun activities because he would rather stay in bed and relax. He predicts receiving a lot of homework because he believes most of his teachers are strict. With the break being one week he replies by saying, “I guess it’s good enough, but it should be like 3 months.” Sophomore Carina Arce is not excited for Thanksgiving break because she has nothing to do. however, she is grateful to have the break. “I mean that’s a week I get to sleep in,” she expressed. She says she will be doing her homework last minute. 

Carina Arce and Jared Alex holding up a nice thanksgiving poem

Fall break is a great opportunity to relax and get away from all of the stressful school work, spend time with your family, and be happy. Remember to be grateful for everything and everyone that is in your life. Have a cheerful and safe Thanksgiving!

• TURKEY SEASON HAS ARRIVED

Majors

SCPA Lyrical: A New Creative Writing Publication

• TURKEY SEASON HAS ARRIVED

School/Community

PEOPLE ARE ‘CHILLIN’ FOR WINTER BREAK

• TURKEY SEASON HAS ARRIVED

School/Community

HOMECOMING IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER

• TURKEY SEASON HAS ARRIVED

Features

ALUMNUS JAMES MASLOW PAYS A VISIT TO SCPA

• TURKEY SEASON HAS ARRIVED

School/Community

ASB Revamps Coffee House

• TURKEY SEASON HAS ARRIVED

Features

JYP ENTERTAINMENT RELEASES A NEW SURVIVAL TRAINEE SHOW

• TURKEY SEASON HAS ARRIVED

Uncategorized

POPULAR KOREAN BOY BAND RELEASES THEIR LONG AWAITED COMEBACK

• TURKEY SEASON HAS ARRIVED

School/Community

NEW FACE ON THE BLOCK: CARTOON CORNER

• School/Community

WHY THE PSAT IS CRUCIAL

• TURKEY SEASON HAS ARRIVED

School/Community

HOW MIDDLE SCHOOLERS ACTUALLY FEEL ABOUT HIGH SCHOOLERS

TURKEY SEASON HAS ARRIVED