WHICH IS THE BEST GIRL SCOUT COOKIE?

Left to right: Tagalongs, Do-Si-Dos, Samoas, Thin Mints, and Trefoils

Arielle Santos and Alexandria Ramos

Girl Scout Cookie season is back, and students are as excited as ever! As the end of January approached, our local girl scouts began their sales. Everyone has their favorite cookie, and here are ours.

A very well-known cookie is the Thin Mint. These are mint-flavored cookies with a delicious chocolaty coating. Thin Mints are often used in desserts like milkshakes, but we personally think they’re overrated. We would give them a 6/10 at the most. In a survey of about a variety of 60 people, 25% said Thin Mints were their favorite.

Ms. Janet Lake holding up some boxes of Thin Mints

Savannah Smiles, the zesty, lemon flavored cookie dusted with powdered sugar has been getting a lot of positive reviews. However, according to our survey, only 6.7% picked the cookie as their favorite. Lemon cookies aren’t our cup of tea, so we rate it a 5/10.

Basic shortbreads, also known as Trefoils, are our least favorite. With a whopping 0% on our survey, it seems to be the general public’s least favorite as well. We would rate it as 1/10 for basicness. It’s so basic that that’s literally how it’s described on the Girl Scout’s official website. Tastes like disappointment, and definitely not worth the $5.

Although we would rate Do-Si-Dos as 8/10, 0% of people said the cookie was their favorite. What’s not to like about Do-Si-Dos? They’re crunchy oatmeal cookie 

sandwiches with peanut butter on the inside. They might not be our #1 favorite, but they’re definitely  enjoyable.

Sophomore Chelsea Sanchez holding up a box of Thin Mints

Another peanut butter flavored cookie is the Tagalong. Tagalongs are peanut butter cookies with a rich chocolaty coating, and we would rate them as 7/10. They’re not bad, but after a while they get too sweet. 10% of people surveyed said Tagalongs were their favorite Girl Scout Cookie.

One of our favorites are S’mores, graham cookies with chocolate and marshmallow filling; exactly what you’d expect a s’more to be. We were a little surprised to see that only 6.7% of people liked it. We think it’s not too sweet, but still very tasty. 9/10 would eat again.

We decided to save the best for last. With a not-so-shocking 50% who said this cookie was their favorite, Samoas take the place of our #1 favorite. If you’re not familiar with the cookie, it’s a caramel and toasted coconut covered cookie with a dark chocolate drizzle.

Someone anonymously told us their thoughts on the cookie, “Samoas, a gift from God. This cookie is referenced in all religions and is a symbol of power and prestige. All deities in any religions are shown eating the cookies. It is even seen from those who don’t believe in creationism. Scientists discovered that all species are the descendent of an unknown more powerful being, this creature believed to look like a halo, its name (given by scientists) is samoas cookius.” We don’t know if this came from some meme, but we agree. We would rate the cookie as a 20/10, and would happily die with them.

What’s your favorite Girl Scout Cookie?

• WHICH IS THE BEST GIRL SCOUT COOKIE?

Opinion/Editorial

THE ANTHROPOCENE IS UPON US

• Opinion/Editorial

OVERRATED SHOWS AND MOVIES (pt.2)

• Opinion/Editorial

Good Vs Bad Anime

• WHICH IS THE BEST GIRL SCOUT COOKIE?

Opinion/Editorial

OVERRATED SHOWS AND MOVIES (pt.1)

• WHICH IS THE BEST GIRL SCOUT COOKIE?

Opinion/Editorial

MAZE RUNNER: THE DEATH CURE REVIEW

• WHICH IS THE BEST GIRL SCOUT COOKIE?

Opinion/Editorial

THE LIFE AND ACHIEVEMENTS OF ERICA GARNER

• WHICH IS THE BEST GIRL SCOUT COOKIE?

Opinion/Editorial

PODIUM IS NOW A PLATFORM

• WHICH IS THE BEST GIRL SCOUT COOKIE?

Opinion/Editorial

WEDDING CAKE SCANDAL

• WHICH IS THE BEST GIRL SCOUT COOKIE?

Opinion/Editorial

MISFORTUNE REACHES ROUND ROCK

• WHICH IS THE BEST GIRL SCOUT COOKIE?

Opinion/Editorial

NET NEUTRALITY: MONETIZING THE INTERNET

WHICH IS THE BEST GIRL SCOUT COOKIE?