ASB BALL IS SNEAKING UP

Samantha Pearce and Sage Clements

Agents! Gather together and come together to reveal secrets at ASB ball on March 10th at 6pm in Bassmnt Nightclub.

In this hidden event, there will be plenty of food, lots of music, and many places to take photos for memories. For this year, ASB has decided to do a Mission Impossible theme, inspired by an ASB member’s final assignment for ASB class last year. Food-wise, they plan to have quesadillas, chips and dip, ice cream sandwiches, along with soda and juice.

At the ball, there are many activities to do. One of the things to view is watching people get chosen court. The freshmen are Spy Kid 1 and Spy Kid 2, sophomores are Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable, juniors are Mr. and Mrs. Bond, and seniors are Bonnie and Clyde. Students had the opportunity to elect themselves, and people that attend ASB ball get to pick who they would like to win.

Class President of 2020, Breana Nguyen, is pleased with the amount of effort they put in into making this dance the best. “I’m honestly so proud of each and every one of our ASB members. Everyone put in 110% effort, especially ASB cabinet. ASB Ball is always the hardest dance because we usually don’t have that much attendance, but it’s the best dance in my opinion. All the creativity and collaboration that was put into planning this is amazing to experience as well. From the decorations to the type of music, everything was very well thought out”

Kennedy Harris, a part of ASB, is thrilled to attend. “I’m most excited about the ending product. I can’t wait to see all the decorations and everyone dressed nice and the student body just having a good time together.”

The out-of-the-box theme this year has numerous amount of students counting down the hours until the ball. Many are ecstatic to see what the ball has in store, “I’m pretty stoked about the theme of this years ASB ball. I think it’ll have a really interesting outcome when we go to the actual dance,” Sophomore Camille Rose Guanco stated.

“I do like this year’s theme for ASB ball. I never heard of this theme before in any school, and it’s definitely creative. I think it’s really cool, since I’m really interested in this topic,” expressed tenth grader Madeline Mamasig, who is unfortunately unable to attend.

Those who are not attending are disappointed that they won’t be able to see the flawless outcome. “I do wish I was attending the ball. It has a nice venue, and I know it would’ve been a fun experience, because with SCPA dances, you never forget them,” voiced Mamasig. Freshmen Eliana Hicks and Olivia Hale who also are not attending the ball said that if they were able to go, they would mostly look forward to dressing up.

This year’s ASB ball is going to be the greatest yet. A creative theme mixed with amazing food and music at a beautiful venue, is going to have a wonderful outcome. Mamasig said, “If I were to attend the ball, the most important thing I would look forward to is having fun with my friends. It’s high school, you only get one chance to experience it, so make it fun while it lasts.”

This is a once in a lifetime experience to enjoy with the people you love the most. Have fun while it lasts, you’ll be grateful in the end.

About the Writer
Samantha Pearce, Student Journalist
Born and raised in San Diego, Samantha Pearce always enjoyed the blissfully cold waves hitting her feet as she admires the sunsets. Usually, you can hear her say some type of sassy and ignorant comment towards her friends, but she loves her friends more than she loves herself. Being an introvert, she learned to let...
  • ASB BALL IS SNEAKING UP

Majors

SCPA’S JAZZ ENSEMBLES SHOWCASE THEIR TALENT AT DIZZY’S

• School/Community

STIGMATIZATION OF MENTAL ILLNESS

• ASB BALL IS SNEAKING UP

School/Community

SPRING BREAK SHINES UPON US

• ASB BALL IS SNEAKING UP

School/Community

WHAT’S GOING ON WITH THE WALKOUT?

• School/Community

WHAT IS KAIBIGANG [email protected]’S HIGH SCHOOL CONFERENCE

• ASB BALL IS SNEAKING UP

Opinion/Editorial

MAZE RUNNER: THE DEATH CURE REVIEW

• ASB BALL IS SNEAKING UP

Majors

DEBUT OF SCPA LYRICAL

• Features

“A CHORUS LINE” DEBUTS AT SCPA

• ASB BALL IS SNEAKING UP

Features

A SKATE FOR A CAUSE

• ASB BALL IS SNEAKING UP

School/Community

CALIFORNIA CATCHES ENVIRONMENTAL CATASTROPHE

ASB BALL IS SNEAKING UP