SPRING BREAK SHINES UPON US

Ruth Lubao and Julie Quintana

Ah yes, another break is coming up at SCPA. On March 19th-23rd, spring break will arrive, a fantastic chance to relax and refresh away from school.

What better way to celebrate vacation than to go to a great Spring festival? March 30th to 31st Padres fans can celebrate their teams’ pride at the East Village Opening Day Block Party! Have fun with your friends and family as you celebrate the opening of baseball season. Another highly recommended festival for SCPA’s passionate artists is the Festival of the Arts in the Pacific Highway. 200 critically acclaimed artists, from all around the globe, will be gathering at the bay. It will be a wonderful experience to participate in all of the interactive activities, try some delicious food, and to support the participating artists.

If you’ve ever run out of money during vacation, don’t fret. There are always some seasonal spring jobs you can turn to for cash. Take up the job of becoming a dog walker, get out your lawn mower and get your hands dirty, or even babysit your younger family or neighbors. Just remember to  take caution with whatever job you choose; be careful around strangers! Another cool thing to do, if money isn’t an important factor, there are a multitude of volunteering opportunities offered to older teens and adults. One suggestion is the Surfrider Foundation of San Diego. Go grab your reusable trash bags and buckets because upcoming meetings are coming to Encinitas and Oceanside Pier.

Feel the wind in your hair, the salt in the air, and reflect on the joys of living in San Diego. One amazing thing to take part of is the San Diego Whale Watch. Just go to their website, http://sdwhalewatch.com/, and book your tour now. You have a chance of seeing many varieties of wildlife, including the adorable bottlenose dolphin, and of course the most famous, the massive blue whale. Get ready with your family and friends for an experience of a lifetime for only $29 on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Another fantastic activity is to take a scenic drive over to the beaches near you. A few excellent places to cool off are Coronado, La Jolla Shores, or even a Dog beach in Ocean Beach! Coronado provides the option to rent different types of bikes suited for anyone. With safe bike paths along the sidewalks of Coronado, you’re guaranteed to have a blast. At the dog beach, everyone is welcome to bring along their dog so they can enjoy some time with a fun pal. Taking a cool dip in the water can release some stress and let you and your pet loosen up.

Over break, you can also take a nice tour on the USS Midway, which is located at SeaPort Village. The USS Midway is a popular museum ship that is family oriented for all ages. This large ship has 60 exhibitions to consider and 30 stored antique aircrafts that people can inspect up close. It is open to the public, allowing guests to participate in climbing aboard actual cockpits and to explore the various spaces previous crew members have lived in. It’s a fantastic learning experience with family and friends.

USS Midway Museum

7th grader, Noah Pearce, is excited to spend his spring break on the one week-long Norwegian cruise to Mexico with his family. Pearce can not wait to enjoy the various amount of food and activities offered. When asked what his favorite thing about spring break is, he stated, “My favorite thing is being able to relax from all my school work because since the end of the year is coming up, all the assignments have been very stressful.” His expectations for this upcoming break is that he will have a blast at the cruise and finish the little homework he will be assigned.

Noah Pearce playing video games

Ajahnae Sandifer, a sophomore at SCPA, will be spending her spring break at Magic Mountain. “Magic Mountain is my favorite theme park because I love the roller coaster called Scream,” Sandifer claimed. She also reports that she will have multiple dance competitions she has to prepare for but is confident her team will win. Sandifer mentioned,  “If you don’t have any fun plans to do over break, you can always hang out at the mall with your friends or have a sleepover.”

Ajahnae Sandifer

Sandifer practicing splits for dance comp.

Sadie Brueggeman, an eighth-grader, will be spending her spring break relaxing with her family. If you find yourself not doing anything over vacation, she says you can always watch a good movie.

Enjoy the time of leisure and enjoyment with friends and family. Stay safe and have a pleasant break.

• SPRING BREAK SHINES UPON US

Majors

SCPA’S JAZZ ENSEMBLES SHOWCASE THEIR TALENT AT DIZZY’S

• SPRING BREAK SHINES UPON US

School/Community

WHAT’S GOING ON WITH THE WALKOUT?

• SPRING BREAK SHINES UPON US

School/Community

ASB BALL IS SNEAKING UP

• School/Community

WHAT IS KAIBIGANG [email protected]’S HIGH SCHOOL CONFERENCE

• SPRING BREAK SHINES UPON US

Opinion/Editorial

MAZE RUNNER: THE DEATH CURE REVIEW

• SPRING BREAK SHINES UPON US

Majors

DEBUT OF SCPA LYRICAL

• Features

“A CHORUS LINE” DEBUTS AT SCPA

• SPRING BREAK SHINES UPON US

Features

A SKATE FOR A CAUSE

• SPRING BREAK SHINES UPON US

School/Community

CALIFORNIA CATCHES ENVIRONMENTAL CATASTROPHE

• SPRING BREAK SHINES UPON US

Opinion/Editorial

MISFORTUNE REACHES ROUND ROCK

SPRING BREAK SHINES UPON US